Saturday 14 September 2013

Lets go back in time....

Hi guys,

Long time, no blog. So lets have a little recap. So in 2days i'm getting my rapid palatal expander (RPE) fitted to crack the crossbite and make my top jaw bigger. My last blog i did was talking to you about what they did at my last appointment which was on the 6/9/13. I explained what they told me i would have to have done and my treatment time, which is roughly 24months.

Over the past 8days i have been doing my research on what an RPE is and how i would eat and talk again and i learned about the rainbow passage. The rainbow passage is a piece of speech in which they use on people who have trouble which speech and can't read that. It uses phonics and sounds. So when i get my exapnder they suggest that i read the rainbow passage to get used to speaking again.

The rainbow passage is:
When the sunlight strikes raindrops in the air, they act like a prism and form a rainbow. The rainbow is a division of white light into many beautiful colours. These take the shape of a long round arch, with its path high above, and its two ends apparently beyond the horizon. There is, according to legend, a boiling pot of gold at one end. People look but no one ever finds it. When a man looks for something beyond his reach, his friends say he is looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

So that's it really, I cant think of anything else to say. I will do photos and a new blog of my RPE when I get it fitted this Monday.

Bye guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment