Friday 6 September 2013

no braces(just yet)...

Hi,

So today was my second appointment. Turns out I won't have braces for a little while.

My orthodontist said I had a X-bite, an over jet and an overbite.

Which is why at my next appointment which is in 10days, I have to get an expander brace, which is basically this appliance that gets put on the top of my mouth and you turn it and  it pushes my molars outwards. You will get a better explanation if you search up 'expanders'.

So I have to have that for 6 - 8 months. Then I get that removed and have 4 of my premolars extracted. So I have to have two token from the top(one on the left side and one from the right side) and the same from the bottom, which will leave me with 24 teeth.

THEN I can have braces and then its a bumpy, painful ride to the finish line. one word: ouch.

So there you have it. Finally I can start my journey to straight teeth. Thanks to everyone who is interested in my story/experience/journey. I appreciate it.

10days guys...

Bye..

No comments:

Post a Comment