Wednesday 31 January 2018

No braces! Before and After pictures!

Hello guys,

Really wanted to update you yesterday but I literally got in from the orthodontist and went straight out to a work gathering so did not find the time to talk to you all about it! But I got my braces off!

Before:
 So if we take it right back to old school teeth, where I hadn't begun treatment at all, I didn't know that I was about to embark on 4 and a half years of treatment, involving twin blocks, expanders and the actual braces themselves. I had a cross bite, an overbite and overjet. My jaw didnt align which you can really see in this image as my chin is not in line with anything, and my teeth were just so crooked and wonky. I had two snaggle tooth, and a lot of overcrowding from the sheer amount of teeth I had. I remember when I was ten, and I used to try and make my own braces out of paperclips because I wanted straight teeth so bad.

After:

And here they are (P.S: yes this is my absolute favourite snapchat filter and I will still continue to use this when I am old and wrinkly)! 4 and a half years and my teeth are straight! I have been waiting for this day for what feels like forever and yesterday my dream finally came true and my braces came off! My teeth now align in the middle, which means that I no longer have a wonky chin (which you can't really see with the filter but I will be uploading some proper images so you will be able to see this a lot better) and my overbite has completely gone which you can see in comparison to the top photo where you can't even see my bottom teeth at all! I also have no crossing over of the front teeth and no more snaggle tooth! My snaggle teeth were the two teeth that sit either side of my two front teeth and as you are able to see, they are nice and straight and in the correct position! I cannot tell you in words how amazing it feels and how happy I am with them. I am forever thankful for all the staff and orthodontists at my orthodontist who have gone above and beyond to make me a happy and confident woman!


So I feel like its only right that I talk to you about the process, for those who are getting their braces off soon, or those who are just interested. So, the first thing they do is double check that they are okay to come off and then they take the brackets off from the teeth. This is just a bit of pressure on your teeth, so don't be concerned. A couple of my brackets didn't want to come off, so there was a lot of pressure with them teeth, but nothing that was painful or uncomfortable. The next step was to grind off the glue. This felt like forever, and was quite uncomfortable, not painful, but the noise isn't the nicest and it's so loud that even singing in your head doesn't even silence the sound. But once the glue is gone, your teeth feel so smooth and silky. 

Then it was time for impressions. This is that putty mould stuff that they put in your mouth to get an impression of your teeth for retainers. This is fine, but my gag reflex has got worse since I had it done 4 and a half years ago, so the top impressions were not fun and I did think I was going to throw up but over and done with in 2 minutes. Then I had photos done and that was it! So I have to go back tomorrow to get my retainers, I can already feel that my teeth have settled and moved slightly, so I feel like they could be quite tender and sore, but nothing too extreme. I'm sure it will be the same tenderness like when you get your braces tightened. 

I will update you all tomorrow on how that goes and more photos of my retainers!

Bye guys,

No comments:

Post a Comment