Thursday 22 August 2013

orthodontic assessment...

hi guys,

Today at 11:30am I had to go to the orthodontist for my assessment. I was really scared but they gave me a letter explaining what would be happening over the next few appointments, so I felt a little bit more at ease.

The first thing that happened was I had my teeth looked at and they decided if I needed braces or not. To my delight they said yes. They also didn't mention anything about taking teeth out. BONUS!

Then I had to have two x-rays done, which felt weird and was quite uncomfortable as I had this thing to hold my head straight with but it was over really fast. I also got to see my x-rays which was so cool.

After that, I was took into another room for pictures and impressions. First was pictures where I had to have six pictures done. Then it was impressions. This is when they take a big tray and fill it with this pink cement like stuff. They have a tray for the bottom teeth and a tray for the top teeth. They place this tray on your teeth and hold it there for 30seconds. The cement tasted really gross and stuck to my gums, but that only took 1 minute so it was fine. Finally she put some warm wax and stuck it to my bottom teeth and told me to bite really hard. This made another mould of my teeth.

Then it was all over. My next appointment is on the 6th of September at 11:20am. On the letter I was given it says my next appointment is talking through the plan of what they are going to do and hopefully fitting my braces. I am really excited now for my next appointment and can't wait to share it with you.

I promised photos ages ago, and I promise they will be up tomorrow or later on today if I can find 4 working batteries. Until then..

bye guys

No comments:

Post a Comment