Sunday 13 October 2013

Day 28+photos....

Hi guys.

GUESS WHAT?! I am finally posting photos today!

Here we go...

 This is my expander. Mine is clear and goes over the top of the roof of my mouth and the metal things go round my molars. When I show people they don't really understand what it does and how it works. Basically you turn it and it separates. You can kind of see that my expander has two sides and a slit in the middle. When you turn it the gap in the middle gets wider and wider and pushes my top jaw outwards



This picture is my expander and you can see the little contraption that I place the key in (the picture of the key is down below so if you want to see it scroll down and there is a picture and description) but you place the key in this mini hole and the arrows show you what way to turn it so I have to turn it towards the front of my mouth whereas some have to turn towards the back of your mouth.

 Eww this photo. But this is what it looks like when it is in. Like I said in my previous blog I have to wear it all day everyday unless I am cleaning it. THEN I CAN REMOVE IT. But other than that it stays put in my mouth and does its job.
Ahh, the key; like the key of life. I joke. This key turns my expander which 'expands' my mouth. Its all linking together. I turn it every Sunday morning and I have to remove it to turn it and then put it back in. I think I would swallow the key if I had to turn it whilst it was inside my mouth. And my orthodontist would not be impressed.
This is my case. If I go on holiday and I have had some crazy food I would put my expander in the case and brush my teeth and the expander and the put it back in my mouth. I got my case at the orthodontist for £2.50 and it is pink and has silver sparkles on it. Girliness overload!
This is what my expander looks like when it is inside the case. It fits just like a bug in a rug and keeps it save from all the germs and nasty bugs that could make me ill. Not good.






And this is what it looks like when it is shut. It acts as a protective shield over my expander and keeps it safe form breaking and from getting damaged.

These are the final images and this is the toothbrush I use to clean my expander and it is just a soft bristled toothbrush from Colgate and I believe it was around £1 which is really cheap and inexpensive.



So that is it. Hope you enjoyed this fun blog of images of my expander and case and key and toothbrush and things like that. If you have any questions leave them in the comments and I will make sure to get back to them asap.

Bye guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment